Patrol Fleet Tracking
- Municipalities and private companies alike own large fleets. Keeping track of and managing
these fleets is a huge challenge, and if not done properly can result in vehicles not being in the
proper location as well as wasted fuel, poor maintenance, excess repairs and many other issues.
- Votum’s Fleet Tracking and Management System is ideal for all types of vehicles including law
enforcement, ambulances and other emergency vehicles.
- GPS tracking devices are installed on vehicles to be tracked.
- Once integrated with GPS real-time location software and activated, the vehicle’s location can
be monitored in real time on any computer or phone with internet access.
- The GPS unit uses satellites and cell phone towers to transmit a precise location.
- The software reports on the data in real time, and collectively the system provides “Real-time
Location Services”, or RTLS.
- The RTLS is integrated with a map that can show landmarks, street names and many more
- The system can also provide data on driver behavior, including automatic notification of events
such as speeding or sudden deceleration which can indicate emergency situations for the
- Real-time reporting and notifications provide vital information to assist in preventive
maintenance, vehicle use, location and on-duty time.
- Ability to track and plan scheduled maintenance
- Improved scheduling and availability, faster response times
- Ability to view proof of visit and time on site
- Higher visibility of vehicle locations – know where your personnel are at any time, how long they
have been in a location and where they are going
- Optimized routing
- Reduced administration and automated time sheets
- Lower fuel costs (more direct routing)
- Reduced private use of company vehicles, as appropriate
- Improved customer service.
- Automated documentation of arrival times
- Improved response to emergencies and last-minute changes
- Improved communications