- Law enforcement agencies are responsible for the security of collected evidence.
- Lost evidence can lead to prosecution failures that defeat all of the difficult and in many
instances dangerous efforts put forth by law enforcement.
- Ensuring evidence is tracked at all times and returned to the evidence room when checked out
- Physically tying evidence to the officer who checked the evidence out can provide a tracking
mechanism for the evidence if not returned to the evidence storage facility.
- Deploy RFID solutions for the purpose of tracking evidence.
- Tag all evidence and evidence containers.
- Issue access badges to all personnel authorized to remove evidence.
- Establish portals around all exits from the evidence storage facility.
- Supply hand-held readers for use in checking evidence in and out of the storage facility.
- Establish appropriate processes for checking evidence in and out of the storage facility.
- Create authorizations for removal of evidence so that only authorized personnel can remove
- Automatically monitor violations and send alerts to appropriate personnel.
- Generate reports for auditing purposes or to help improve processes.
- Up-to-the-minute asset tracking and personnel tracking information.
- Locate and track in real-time all personnel entering and exiting the storage facility and tie
evidence removed to their personnel badge.
- Significant reduction or complete elimination of lost evidence.
- Clear understanding of who has evidence that has been checked out of the storage facility.
- Automatically detect evidence leaving the storage facility
- Automated alerting if unauthorized personnel attempt to leave with evidence.