Equipment Room Tracking
- Law enforcement equipment rooms typically house uniforms, badges, communications
equipment, SWAT equipment and firearms. Tracking of this equipment is critical.
- Lost equipment in the wrong hands can create a crisis of confidence in the department as well
as cost the department thousands of dollars.
- Keeping track of this equipment in a manual fashion is time-consuming, inefficient, fraught with
accuracy problems and frustrating for the officers.
- RFID tags are applied to all equipment.
- Portals are established at the entry and exit points to the equipment room.
- All personnel are issued personnel badges that contain RFID tags.
- When an officer checks equipment out of the equipment room, it is automatically assigned to
his personnel tag.
- When an officer returns the equipment it is automatically reassigned to the equipment room.
- All assets are tracked in real-time.
- Dashboards showing available equipment and equipment checked out by officers are always
accessible and up-to-date.
- Assets assigned by person, location or other attribute
- Automates the process of enforcing issued quantities, alerts for expired items and more
- Visibility to who has what vs. what they are supposed to have
- Makes checking equipment in and out to police officers quick and easy and reduces time for incar
inventory for shift changes, allowing the officers to spend more time protecting citizens
- Provides visibility to all critical items
- Speeds time to inventory an officer’s personal inventory, quartermaster, weapons and in-car
- Automatically ties equipment maintenance and inspection requirements to the assets
- Automatically points out expired items