Traffic Sign Tracking
- Most cities simply do not know how many traffic signs they have in place.
- They do not know how many signs they have in storage so they continue to purchase signs when
they may have an adequate supply.
- They do not know how long the traffic signs have been in place.
- They do not know the common time-lines for signs to bleach out due to UV and become
- Bleached out traffic signs can cause accidents.
- RFID tags are applied to each sign.
- Tags can be read from a considerable distance.
- As devices are put in place, the tag is read and assigned to the precise location in the
- Maintenance schedules are established and tied electronically to the sign.
- Analytics are performed over time to determine common wear cycles.
- When maintenance is required, it is done so proactively before the sign becomes ineffective.
- Dramatically improved support of the traffic infrastructure.
- Sign maintenance performed at non-peak hours when it is safer for maintenance crews and
- Happier, more satisfied and safer citizens.