Data Center Asset Tracking
Processes that rely on active human intervention to physically track essential assets (servers, routers, communication equipment, storage devices, backup media and staff) in central or multiple datacenters result in security and compliance information which is inaccurate and lacks real time data that is required to detect and prevent problems as they occur.
- Restricting access to facilities and to devices to those with specified certification.
- Quickly locating personnel and specific devices to address an outage or severe problem or in an emergency.
- Providing compliance information for security, monitoring, maintenance and problem solutions.
- RFID technology makes it possible to uniquely and automatically identify and associate assets, materials and people.
- Servers, communication equipment, storage devices and individuals can be tracked and traced, immediately establishing where something (or someone) is, what it is, when it was last used or checked for maintenance, and whether all required components are in place for the task at hand, along with the people authorized to use them.
- Devices can be matched to locations, tools matched to the people who use them, and people matched to the places they go or can’t go.
- Personnel badges with RFID chips can be programmed and associated with status, qualifications, certifications and experience levels such that access authorization is only granted to those qualified to perform the work and a process can be put in place to only provide access to those certified to be on premise.
- Reduced Labor Costs
- Less time lost due redundant maintenance activities
- Less productive time lost due to out-of-synch workers, tools and materials
- Less productive time lost due to manual processes for monitoring.
- Improved regulatory, security and safety compliance
- Improved access control to sites or to areas within sites, thereby improving employee/subcontractor safety and enhancing security
- Verifiable actions and 24 x 7 data records to support compliance activities
- Comprehensive program support across facilities, personnel and materials/assets
- Documentation of who is or was where at any given point in time
- Reduced Capital Costs
- Reduced loss and theft of capital equipment due to unauthorized personnel