RFID for Gamma Radiation
Hospitals frequently use Gamma radiation and autoclave processes to sterilize surgical instruments and related equipment. This requires a durable identification system to mark and trace such items.
- Votum provides specialized RFID for medical equipment frequently disinfected using Gamma radiation.
- Survives a cumulative radiation amount of 500 kGy
- Also withstands autoclave sterilization processes
- Available in wet or dry inlet
- Works well with linear identification processes (conveyor belt, hanging items)
- Ideal for high volume items
- Provides identification at a price point that makes item-level tagging practical
- Uses the globally available 2.45 GHz radio frequency