Personal Health Monitoring Wireless Sensing
- Living an independent lifestyle is becoming a larger issues as our population ages
- Extending the time before the elderly require assisted living can significantly improve their lifestyle and reduce their cost of living
- Votum provides monitoring devices to monitor individual’s locations within a facility and outside. We can determine where an individual is at any point in time and provide that information to emergency services or loved ones.
- Elderly patients have a propensity to wander and can quickly and easily wander away from their home, apartment or assisted living facility.
- Once lost, they can become frightened and very wary. They may not respond to anyone
including known adults. And they become susceptible to being preyed upon by others who may
have malicious intent.
- A GPS “watch” locator bracelet is attached to the person’s arm by an authorized staff member or family member.
- The device cannot be removed by the person wearing it as it takes two hands to remove it.
- The locator bracelet monitors their location at all times.
- The locator bracelet is not obvious and can be difficult for others to remove.
- Their location will be available via a mobile device carried by the responsible party.
- The GPS device can be programmed with a “geo-fence” that will automatically send an alert if the patient ventures beyond a designated point or area (say, their home, apartment or room in an assisted living facility).
- The elderly can be tracked at all times and easily found if they wander.
- Family members have greater confidence that their parent or loved one will be safe.
- Even in an assisted living facility, the elderly patient wearing a GPS bracelet is actually safer as he or she is less likely to wander to a different part of the building (including rest rooms) or outside without being noticed and redirected.
- Facilities can avoid the embarrassment and potential litigation associated with injury to a wandering or lost individual.
- Facilities can attest to the whereabouts of their elderly inhabitants at all times in order to comply with regulations and provide assurance to their families.