Remote Oil & GasTank Monitoring
- Oilfield companies utilize tanking solutions which must be replenished or emptied depending upon
- Most tanks are manually monitored, many of which are in very remote, difficult to access locations.
- Power and conventional communications such as landlines, radio and cell service are unavailable.
- Personnel must periodically travel to the individual locations to take readings, monitor the tanks and
potentially empty or refill depending on the application.
- Tank management is very costly in terms of personnel time, travel costs and travel risk.
- With well-site operations based on 24×7 schedules it is not unusual for trucks to be called out on an
emergency basis to fulfill the Service Level Agreements.
- Travel can be required when the combination of weather conditions and remote location combine
to significantly increase risk to drivers and crew.
- Monitor critical tank levels located anywhere in the world from any Internet connected browsing
- Provide ultra-reliable operation at weather extremes for long durations by gathering solar power
and storing on specialized batteries.
- Route communications through satellite, GPRS, WiFi, or wired Ethernet depending upon availability.
- Establish a preferred communication order whereby the least expensive communication method is
- Send alerts to relevant personnel when critical levels are reached, including low battery levels
- Add additional sensors including flows, pressures, temperatures, light/dark, acceleration, humidity,
GPS location, density, mass, pH, and many more.
- Automatically log data stored remotely if communications fail and is transmitted when
communications are re-established
- Elimination of unnecessary monitoring trips by personnel.
- Elimination of transcribed field notes.
- Significant reduction in emergency callouts for replenishing and emptying.
- Risk reduction via redundancy in alerts – automatically sent to multiple personnel.
- Increased data accuracy for trending and analysis yielding improved supply chain efficiencies for
replenishment products and disposal services.