Real-time GPS Fleet Tracking Systems
- Companies own significant numbers of fleet vehicles, including utility trucks, water trucks, flatbed
trucks, pickups, SUVs and, of course, company cars.
- Keeping track of and managing these fleets represent a huge challenge, and if not done properly
can result in lost vehicles, wasted fuel, poor maintenance, excess repairs, fines, inappropriate
use and many other issues.
- Votum’s Fleet Tracking and Management solutions are ideal for all types of vehicles such as cars,
trucks, vans and SUVs. Also suited for highly mobile heavy equipment that drives or is
transported frequently to job sites.
- GPS tracking devices are installed on vehicles to be tracked, or the drivers’ cell phones can be
enabled for location tracking.
- Once integrated with GPS real-time location software and activated, the vehicle’s location can
be monitored in real time on any computer or phone with internet access.
- The GPS unit uses satellites and cell phone towers to transmit a precise location. The software
reports on the data in real time, and collectively the system provides “Real-time Location
Services”, or RTLS.
- The RTLS is integrated with a map that can show landmarks, street names and many more
- With the addition of engine data, the system can also provide data on driver productivity,
reliability and behavior/driving habits.
- For D.O.T. governed vehicles, electronic driver logs can be integrated that meet all D.O.T.
- Ability to track and plan scheduled maintenance.
- More jobs completed per week.
- Improved scheduling and availability, faster response times.
- Ability to view proof of visit and time on site.
- Higher visibility of vehicle locations – know where your employees are at any time, how long
they have been in a location and where they are going.
- Optimized scheduling and routing.
- Reduced administration, time sheets etc. No more time cards.
- Reduced fines and save time using electronic driver logs.
- Lower fuel costs (more direct routing, less unauthorized driving).
- Reduced private use of company vehicles, as appropriate.
- Improved customer service.
- Automated documentation of arrival times documented.
- Improved response to emergencies and last-minute changes.
- Improved communications.
- Automated monitoring of driving behavior and real-time alerts resulting in fewer traffic
- Enhanced security and safety.
- Integrated GPS, monitoring, alerts and messaging.