- Over the past several years, food recalls for bacterial infections such as E.coli have wreaked
havoc on the supply chain.
- Tracking produce or meats from the farmer’s field to grocery store or restaurant have presented
daunting challenges for the accurate identification of the sources of the bacterial infections.
- As a result, mass recalls have resulted in the loss of millions of dollars. In many instances foods
with no infection have been pointlessly removed from the supply chain.
- 2-D barcoding of product and cases in the field and RFID on pallets.
- Barcodes/RFID tags tied to the specific producer down to farm and potentially field level.
- Automate shipping and receiving, including receiving, put away, picking, packing and shipping.
- Capture inbound and outbound transactions.
- Automate inventory count against advanced shipping notice during shipping and receiving to
- By tagging consumables at the pallet and case level (and potentially some larger/more
expensive items) with RFID, consumption can be tracked in real-time and in an automated
- When tied to the point of sale system, purchases can be tied to shelf stock. After factoring in
shrink, a reliable number of items can be determined.
- This consumption is tracked against a preset minimum level for each item and automatic
reordering is initiated when these threshold levels are reached.
- Instant reconciliation at all hand-off points, removing errors and delays and allowing instant
- Reconcile shipping and receiving exceptions as they occur.
- Use rules-based engine to identify exceptions and trigger alerts.
- Real-time monitoring of complete harvest or manufacture to retail Food Supply Chain Process.
- Process management from field to product, field to restaurant or field to supermarket.
- Prompt visibility to the source of a problem.
- Instant targeting, prioritization of shipments and removal of products from the food supply
chain based on real-world events.
- Automates manual functions reducing costs and delays.
- Prevents inventory build-up.
- Reduced financial impact from recalls and increased public confidence.
- Reduced threat of bio-terrorism.