Real-Time GPS Fleet Tracking System
- Companies own significant numbers of fleet vehicles, including utility trucks, water trucks, flat-bed trucks, pickups, SUVs and, of course, company cars. Keeping track of and managing these fleets represent a huge challenge, and if not done properly can result in lost vehicles, wasted fuel, poor maintenance, excess repairs, fines, inappropriate use and many other issues.
- Votum’s Fleet Tracking and Management System is ideal for all types of vehicles such as cars,
trucks, vans and SUVs. It’s also suited for highly mobile heavy equipment that drives or is
transported frequently to job sites.
- How does it work? GPS tracking devices are installed on vehicles to be tracked. Once integrated
with GPS real-time location software and activated, the vehicle’s location can be monitored in
real time on any computer or phone with internet access. The GPS unit uses satellites and cell
phone towers to transmit a precise location. The software reports on the data in real time, and
collectively the system provides “Real-time Location Services”, or RTLS. The RTLS is integrated
with a map that can show landmarks, street names and many more details. The system can also
provide data on driver productivity, reliability and behavior/driving habits.
With the addition of engine data, the system can also provide data on driver productivity, reliability and behavior/driving habits.
For D.O.T. governed vehicles, electronic driver logs can be integrated that meet all D.O.T. regulations.
- Track and plan scheduled maintenance.
- Complete more jobs per week. Improved scheduling and availability, faster response times.
- View proof of visit and time on site. Higher visibility of vehicle locations – know where your employees are at any time, how long they have been in a location and where they are going.
- Optimize scheduling and routing.
- Reduce administration, time sheets etc. No more time cards.
- Reduce fines and save time using electronic driver logs.
- Lower fuel costs (more direct routing, less unauthorized driving).
- Reduce private use of company vehicles, as appropriate.
- Improve customer service. Document exact arrival times. Respond more effectively to emergencies and last-minute changes.
- Improve communications.
- Reduce traffic violations. Monitor driving behavior and receive real-time alerts.
- Enhance security and safety. Integrate GPS, monitoring, alerts and messaging.